OHSAS 18001 Certification
The OHSAS 18001 certification process involves a two stage certification process.
- Stage 1 OHSAS 18001 (Pre- Certification Assessment)
- Stage 2 OHSAS 18001 (Certification Assessment)
After the Stage 1 and Stage 2 OHSAS 18001 audits, Certification Europe will be in a position to award your organisation with a valid OHSAS 18001 certificate.
An OHSAS 18001 certificate lasts for 3 years and a company needs to undergo surveillance visit audits at least annually to maintain their OHSAS 18001 certification.
OHSAS 18001 Summary of Requirements
To comply with OHSAS 18001 health and safety certification an organisation must have the following policies, procedures and protocols;
- OHSAS 18001 System Manual
- Occupational Health and Policy
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control measure procedure(s)
- Health and Safety Legal and other requirements procedure
- Health and Safety Objectives and programmes
- Adequate resources to maintain the Safety Management System
- Communication, participation, documentation and record procedures
- Safety Legislation Compliance and Internal audit procedures
- Safety operational control and emergency procedures
- Health and Safety performance monitoring
- OHSAS 18001 non conformity, corrective and preventative action
- OHSAS 18001 Management Review