ISO 9001 2015 Updates
Why has ISO 9001 been updated?
ISO 9001 was last updated in 2008. In recent years a new common structure has been adopted across ISO standards that allows for a more flexible approach to implementing and integrating standards across industries.
Main changes in ISO 9001:2015
- Adoption of the new ISO template (Annex SL) to align with other standards including ISO 14001:2015
- Strengthening of the relationship between core organisation and quality management system
- ISO 9001:2015 advocates a process approach to produce the desired quality outcomes
- Required to consider quality performance in the organisations strategic planning
- Greater ownership of the QMS placed on top level management
- Risks and opportunities must be assessed and managed in-line with best practice guidelines, ISO 31000
- Fewer prescriptive requirements than its predecessor
- Core focus on customer satisfaction
- Simpler terminology throughout the standard
If you would like to download Certification Europe's transition policy please fill out the form below.