ISO 14001 2015 Updates
Why has ISO 14001 been updated?
ISO 14001 was last updated in 2004. In recent years a new common structure has been adopted across ISO standards that allows for a more flexible approach to implementing and integrating standards across industries.
Main changes in ISO 14001:2015
- Revised structure in-line with other standards including ISO 9001:2015
- Strengthening of the relationship between core organisation and environmental management system
- Required to consider environmental performance in the organisations strategic planning
- Greater ownership of the EMS placed on top level management
- Risks and opportunities must be assessed and managed in-line with best practice guidelines, ISO 31000
- Life-cycle perspective on environmental impact across entire supply chain
- Greater requirements in evaluating compliance
- Emphasis on ensuring the quality and credibility of environmental information
ISO 14001:2015 Transition Policy
If you would like to download Certification Europe's transition policy please fill out the form below.