One Day Introductory Workshop on Measurement and Verification
Certification Europe is proud to offer AEE and EVO 1-Day Introductory Workshop on Measurement and Verification (M&V)
No dates for this course are currently planned but check back or call or contact Emma Cooke, email@example.com, tel. +353 1 6429300 (ext. 118) for more information or to run a bespoke in-house course.
Training and Logistics
The one-day workshop introduces the basic concepts of Measurement and Verification and the IPMVP. It highlights the purposes of M&V, summarizes the range of possible M&V methods and points out the need for specific M&V design for each project.
The program is designed for management, financial, regulatory and technical persons needing basic understanding of the role of M&V in supporting energy efficiency investments.
The following topics will be covered:
- Definition of M&V
- The range of M&V protocols for energy efficiency and carbon trading projects
- Background on EVO and the IPMVP
- Reasons for M&V
- The basic savings equation
- The four IPMVP options with quick examples
- Steps in applying the IPMVP
- M&V cost and uncertainty
- M&V in EPC
- Examples with calculation tasks for the class and review of advantages and disadvantages of each option
- Option C - Multiple retrofits in a building
- Option A - Lighting efficiency
- Option B - Compressed air leakage control
- Option B - Industrial heat recovery
- Class-suggested case studies for discussion