Benefits of ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management Certification
The ISO 22301 business continuity standard has been designed to assist companies in the implementation of a business continuity management system (BCMS) that is appropriate to its needs and meets its stakeholders’ requirements. A company’s BCMS needs are shaped by the following: its size and structure, its stakeholders, and regulatory, industry and organisational factors.
Key Benefits of ISO 22301
- Maximise quality and efficiency: ISO 22301 provides a framework based on international best practice based around the 'Plan, Do' Check, 'Act' concept.
- Flexibility during disruptions : During a localised disruption or an international disaster, your organisation will have a business continuity processes in place to ensure the continued smooth running of your business, or that if disrupted you will be able to get up and running quickly and efficiently in order to ensure minimum disruptions to the services you offer.
- Competitive advantage: Ensure client confidence through certification to ISO 22301 an internationally acknowledged standard while gaining new opportunity and winning new business.
- Organisational improvement : BCM Certification provides you with a clear understanding of your entire organisation. This can provide you with new opportunities for improvement.
- Continuous internal improvement via audits ; During the certification process you will participate in regular audits which ensure your management system is up to date.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Demonstrate that you meet the regional legal and regulatory requirements of the region to all of your stakeholders
- Cost savings : Your organisation may be able to reduce the cost of internal and external BCM audits, and to improve financial performance and reduce business disruption insurance premiums.
- Maintain Optimum Client Delivery levels : A BCMS framework supports strengthened management processes which allow you to supply an agreed level of critical services and products within a specified time frame after disruption to your clients.
- Strengthen your internal Management : A BCMS provides proven management capability during times of disruption.
- Reputational Management: Certification to ISO 22301 reinforces your commitment to providing a premium level of services to you stakeholders, even during adverse conditions.